Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Internship

Two weeks ago I started an internship with Youth for Understanding Chile. YFU Chile is a faction of the larger, world-wide group Youth for Understanding, which is a non-profit organization that sends high-school students on exchange to different countries around the world. Everyone who works here is very nice, they call themselves a familia, and are very welcoming. So far I like my internship, although I'm not a huge fan of sitting at a desk all day. I admit, last week I googled non-desk jobs on one of my breaks.
My current assignment is to try and find businesses in Chile to donate scholarships for children who can't afford to go on an exchange. Apparently money donation is not a big thing here in Chile so hopefully I can successfully find at least one company to give YFU a scholarship! Part of this assignment is for me to go around to different companies and give presentations to them about why they should donate to YFU, a little nerve-wracking but nevertheless a great learning experience.

1 comment: