Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pictures!

I have officially started my exploration of Santiago and so far I love it! Santiago is split up into different areas, kind of like the different neighborhoods in DC. I am living in an area called Providencia and the University where I will be taking classes is in Santiago Centro. It only takes me about 30 minutes to get to school in the morning, which is nice especially since many of my friends have a much longer commute. Each area is a little bit different and I am looking forward to visiting many more places. Here are some photos of where I am living!

My room:


And here are some pictures of the outside of the apartment:

Universidad Diego Portales (UDP)
All around Santiago:




Simone and I at lunch:

The dog that followed us around for a few hours on Monday. In Santiago there are tons of street dogs. They all seem really friendly (although we don't touch them or pet them) and don't seem to bother anyone, sometimes they just follow people around. Of course I feel really bad for all of them but they look pretty happy.

I am feeling much more comfortable in Chile now that I have been here for a few days and have had some time to adjust. It is exciting to be here and try so many new things. Today I had my first Pisco Sour! Pisco is a drink that is only produced in Chile and Peru and there is a debate over which country can claim it. Fue muy rico! (It was very good!)

3 comments:

  1. good thing you mentioned not touching or petting the dogs. avoided near panic back home LOL. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, keep them coming! UDP reminds me a little of Charleston, SC. Very ornate ironwork, is it the norm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bueno...Yo quiero....como se dice..to try some Pisco. I'll have to see if they import it!

    Chau

    ReplyDelete